Thursday, May 11, 2006

Going to California

When I got home from work yesterday, a thick envelope from AAA waited in my mailbox. Maps and tourbooks for California! Yay! So all thoughts of working on my novel or going running traisped out of my head to be replaced by an insatiable urge to flip through the books and read about every city, town, and hamlet along my route. I wrote a list of all the places I might see, like a crazily built house in San Jose or a particularly nice drive in Death Valley. I even stayed at my desk during The Amazing Race so I could keep working during the boring bits (cabs, flight reservations, anything with BJ & Tyler).

When my Lonely Planet and Mountaineers books arrive next week, I'll sit down and do it all over again. . . . I'm not sure two weeks will be a long enough vacation.

No comments: