Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Mandatory recycling is against my beliefs.

Mandatory recycling is against my beliefs. What beliefs are those, you ask? What doctrine could possibly be against saving the planet?

I'm a Captialist.

First off, I'm not against recycling, just against mandatory recycling, such as we now have in Seattle. Our authoritarian government has seen fit to dictate our behaviors without regard to the cost inflicted upon the region's economy, society, and environment.

Either recycling paper and plastic and aluminum is a viable business, or it isn't. If it is, and the recyclers are actually making money from selling raw materials to producers, then why aren't they paying *me*? They're getting everyone to do the garbage sorting for them, for free! Surely if this trash paper, etc. is worth something, they'd be willing to pay for it.

But why should they pay, when the Environmentalists have brainwashed everyone to believe that recycling is good?

If recycling isn't a viable business, why are we throwing so much money/time/energy/petrochemicals/pollution into such a boondoggle?

Either way, I'm not impressed.

4 comments:

Pedicularis said...

It is a brave soul who comes out against recycling in Seattle!

Anonymous said...

Here's my current problem with Seattle's mandatory recycling: They force us to do it, then they won't pick it up! My new apartment building's recycling bins fill up in a day or so, but the city refuses to pick it up more than once every two weeks!! If I throw it in the trash, we'll get in trouble. So I have all these broken-down boxes filling up my living room, waiting for the next time the Seattle recycling truck decides to grace us with its presence.

Sotosoroto said...

Throw them in the trash! Nobody's paying you to store garbage in your living room. Hmph.

Anonymous said...

your retarded