Thursday, January 05, 2006

a black thing about yay big with this metal stick coming out one side about so long

I bought an umbrella this morning. I'd always said that no true Seattleite owned an umbrella, but it would be quite unprofessional of me to arrive at work each morning completely drenched. And as Seattle has a tendency to have rain in the morning and not in the afternoon. . .

Totally soaked, I stopped at the drug store halfway to work. The sole employee said, "Good morning. How are you doing?" To which I replied, "Wet."

They had an umbrella stand right beside the door.

Windy and rainy today, but at least I'm starting to dry out.

4 comments:

Pedicularis said...

You are well onto your way to becoming a gentleman. A distinguished hat and long black coat would complete the ensemble. :)

Alyssa said...

A hat and a long black coat + an umbrella makes me think your going to bust out into song and dance on your way to work!

I can see it now:

"Sotosoroto- The Musical"

Anonymous said...

Raincoat with a hood. It should keep you just as dry as an umbrella without the embarrassment of carrying around one of those.

Sotosoroto said...

Alyssa, he said a *distinguished* hat. Whatever that might look like, it better not look like I'm going to bust out in song.

Then again, since I'm listening to my ipod....