Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Green Desert - Chapter 4.4.2 - Sétıpímo


The phone rang as I re-entered the station. I hurried over to my desk and picked up the receiver. “Tuhanı Precinct.”

“Detective Marıdırı?” A young man with a slight waver.

“This is he.”

“Hello, this is Deputy Sıvíhı calling from Sémı’ıréíso. I’ve got the state patrol on the line. They want to talk to you.”

One of theirs had been killed last night here in Tuhanı. The only suspect was Zhíno Zhudırı. Had they heard he returned to town? “Put him through.”

The line clicked. “Detective Marıdırı?”

“Yes.”

“This is Lieutenant Shémı. We received the report that Zhudırı returned to the Kılímı residence. Is he in custody yet?”

I hated not having the answer to yes-no questions. Hopefully Laparıpısamı had called in. Hopefully he was assisting Nulıpéshı at this moment. Hopefully Zhudırı had not killed them both. “Deputies Nulıpéshı and Laparıpısamı are currently at the residence. While they have not reported to me, I am confident that they have the suspect in custody at this time.”

“Well, I just wanted to let you know that two of our officers are arriving now to assist you in the questioning.” He paused. “Or should they assist in the apprehension?”

No comments: