Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Subdivision, part 5

Today, I had my intake appointment that I scheduled a few weeks ago.

It went quickly, actually. When you schedule an appointment at DPD, it's not quite torture to be there.

For the 75-80 rule (I'll explain if you really want me to*), I had to give them a copy of the county assessor's map of the block. Also required were calculations (simple arithmetic). I had done the calculations beforehand, but figured there was a form to fill out. No form. I did the calculations in hand in the margin of the assessor's map.

I gave them eight copies of the survey. She made me date-stamp them for her.

They warned me that the garage may have to get torn down before the lots can be subdivided. You see, the garage can't be on a parcel by itself because then the land use would be parking rather than residential -- and that's just not allowed. Or maybe it will be, if the planner says it's okay. Or maybe we can draw in a "future residence" and it will be all right. As I said, it will be up to the planner.

But if we have to tear down the garage, that will be a tremendous waste. What more do you expect from government?

--
*Each of the new lots must be at least 75% of the minimum lot size for the land-use zone and at least 80% of the average of the rest of the lots on the block face.

No comments: