Thursday, August 13, 2009

Build More Freeways in Spokane!

Even though its the second (or third) largest city in Washington, Spokane is severely lacking in freeway mileage.

In the Spokane area, the following highways handle over 20,000 vehicles a day, even though they're not high-speed expressways, but mostly just urban arterials with stop lights: US 2, US 395, US 195, SR 27, SR 290, and SR 291. Curiously enough, that's also a complete list of the state highways in the Spokane area that aren't I-90.

So here's my proposal for new freeways in Spokane:


Go ahead and click on it to zoom in, etc.

If, by the way, you're from Spokane and I drew a line over your house. . . I'm sorry. We can move the line.

2 comments:

Iris said...

If there was money in the state budget, which highway should be built first? Second?

Would those picks change if you knew that there would never be more than two freeways built in the next 50 years?

Sotosoroto said...

Let me have a go at the state budget, and I can make room for more than just two freeways. . .

Or perhaps these should be privately built toll roads, just so long as the government doesn't get in the way.