Friday, August 07, 2009

Was My Wedding Extravagent Enough?

News from China via Australia/AFP:



A Chinese bride has made a bid for the record books, turning up to her wedding wearing a 2,162-metre-long gown.

More than 200 guests took over three hours to unroll Lin Rong's wedding train, which stretched nearly 2.2 kilometres and pin on 9,999 red silk roses for her wedding, Xinhua news agency said.

[...]

"I do not want a cliche wedding parade or banquet," the groom said, "nor can I afford the extravagance of a hot balloon wedding."

The 9,999 roses makes sense, since 9 is a lucky number, but how'd they pick 2,162 meters for the length?

In any case, I'm sure everyone was very impressed. But what did the groom's mother have to say?
"It is a waste of money in my opinion," his mother said.

No comments: