Thursday, April 17, 2008

Subdivision, part 4

Once I got through the initial layer of bureaucracy, things moved pretty quickly. Someone actually went out to the house on Monday to do the Site Visit.

We got her report in the mail yesterday. It was a bit cryptic, but as far as I can tell, the only thing missing on our survey/siteplan is the driplines of all trees over 6" in diameter (whether on our lot or overhanging), with common and scientific names.

The surveyor hadn't heard of the dripline requirement in his years of subdivision surveys for Seattle, but he's willing to add them. He doesn't know tree names, however. Pedicularis, what did you say the trees in front are?

I called DPD several times today to get confirmation that this is all we indeed need to do, but didn't get much information. I left lots of voicemail messages, all of which have been unreturned.

When I actually spoke to someone, I scheduled an Intake Appointment for May 6 (the first week they have available).

Now if I can only get someone at DPD to tell me where I can find the Intake Appointment form. . .

2 comments:

Sotosoroto said...

Surprise! A DPD employee returned my call! I only had to leave her two messages today.

Apparently there is no intake application form. Go figure.

Pedicularis said...

Black Locust (Robinia pseudoacacia)