Thursday, April 10, 2008

Subdivision, part 2

Apparently, the Seattle Department of Planning and Development's fax machine feeds directly into the recycle bin. (It wouldn't be the garbage can; this is Seattle, after all.)

A week ago Thursday, I faxed in a Pre-Application Site Visit Request form, after having been told that a cashier would call me back shortly thereafter to arrange credit card payment over the phone. After I didn't receive a call by Monday, I called them. DPD is not very good at answering their phones. I called them again on Tuesday, actually got to speak with someone, and ended up faxing the same form again.

Now, a couple days later, I've still received no call from the cashier. The cashier's office doesn't have it on their stack. And, of course, the DPD Applicant Services Center doesn't return my phone calls.

It looks like I'll have to go visit them in person tomorrow. A week-plus wasted.

When they said this subdivision process would take six to eight months, I didn't realize that half of that would be waiting for them to acknowledge my existence.

No comments: