Thursday, April 03, 2008

Subdivision, part 1

After six weeks, our survey is almost complete. (I returned it for corrections once.) Our newly purchased Pinehurst property is going to be cut in half. Or at least the lot is, separating the house from the huge garage.

But first, I have to fight through the Seattle bureaucracy.

Today, I faxed in a form called the Pre-Application Site Visit Request. Apparently, someone from the Department of Planning and Development needs to come out to the property and verify that the site plan I submitted (a scaled-down survey copy) is accurate. At least that's what I assume they'll be doing.

I'm just glad that because this is a Short Plat, I don't need to fill out the Preliminary Application Form. It seems like every other land use action requires one.

No comments: