Friday, October 07, 2005

Green Desert - Chapter 1.4.5 - Zhíno


“Fucking Zhéporé-spawn cock-sucking shitface bastard.” He broke my wrist. He fucking shot my wrist apart! Fire raced all over my body and I couldn’t even feel my left hand.

The bastard just stood there, holding his Pétíso-damned rifle on me. He shouted, “Leave the car!”

I still had the cop’s gun. I slowly grabbed it. I needed a distraction or else I’d be dead. Lights in the mirror––another fucking cop. How the hell had we gotten through the portal all right only to be caught by these shitkickers? The rifle didn’t waver from my forehead. The cruiser skidded to a stop in front of the blue pickup, blocking the driveway sideways. My right hand slipped to the gearshift, popped it into reverse. I hit the gas.

The rifle bastard didn’t shoot. The cop didn’t get out of his car. I aimed the back bumper right at his door, fifty meters away. To either side of the driveway was nothing but ugly bushes and rocks that just might stop my car.

The cop car lurched forwards and slammed into the pickup. Twenty meters between us, he found reverse. Suddenly my own old brown car sat in my path. I stomped the brakes, skidding and sliding and spinning on the gravel. My tires suddenly squealed on asphalt and I jerked to a halt. Empty road ahead of me.

The back window shattered. I found drive and floored it––kickass acceleration slamming me back against the seat and holding me tight.

No comments: