Thursday, December 07, 2006

The wind chill is 5 below. This must be Buffalo.

A 4.8-hour drive down old I-90 from Albany to Buffalo. No direct flights. Snow showers blinding us. Salt accumulating on the car, coating it an eighth-inch thick. I put my sunglasses on and could still see everything just fine.

This business travel thing ain't so bad. You just have to put the rest of your life on hold and go with the flow. I'm quite sanguine today. But maybe that's because I'll be back in Seattle tomorrow night! I just printed out my boarding pass.

This 80-hour work week is only temporary for me, but it's normal for my boss. In fact, he probably works 120 hours a week, if not more. 24/7/52. He'll probably work Christmas morning.

I may or may not have to come back to the East Coast next week. I still don't know. Leave Sunday? Leave Monday? Return Wednesday night? Return Thursday night, after the company Christmas party? No news is good news, but I'm preparing for the worst. Just put the rest of my life on hold for a few more days. . .

This too shall end.

1 comment:

Pedicularis said...

You see now, if you just get yourself a wife, then you don't have to put the rest of your life on hold. Your wife will keep it moving along! :)

Merry Christmas!