Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Guess Who I Met?

I found out this morning that I have the same dentist as Ken Schram.

I walked in the door, the hygenist said she'd be ready in a second, the door behind me opened. I turned and saw a familiar face, recognizing him quickly.

I said, "Hello."

He said, "Hello."

The hygenist came back to the lobby, said, "Hey, Ken," and to me, "I'm ready for you now." She commented to him that he wasn't wearing a coat and he replied that he liked the cold.

The only bit of complaining he did was complaining about the early hour of the appointment. (He is a professional complainer, after all.) He said he'd rather have bamboo shoots shoved under his nails than have a seven o'clock dental appointment. The dentist offered to cover the floor with thumbtacks and make him walk barefoot to his seat, just to get him prepared.

No comments: