Wednesday, March 24, 2010

By the Way, I'm in Toronto This Week

I'm at a roofing seminar, learning how to apply several different roofing systems. I'm not actually in Toronto, but the suburb of Brampton. Since I don't have a rental car, I don't think I'll be getting in to town. I'll just hang out here in the hotel in the light-industrial district, across from the Walmart.

So at least I'm across from the Walmart and can thus purchase food cheaply. I ate at the hotel restaurant for dinner today and it cost almost as much as three lunches and the two previous dinners combined. I should go over there again tomorrow evening to get my dinner foodstuffs.

The oddest thing about Toronto are the squirrels. They're black. It freaks me out. When I saw one out of the corner of my eye, I thought it was a bat or a crow flying very low.

Today and tomorrow, the highs are in the teens, but Friday, the high is supposed to be zero. Egads.

3 comments:

Iris said...

Why are you worried about the cost of your meals? Aren't you there on the company's dime? Per diem?

Stay warm!

Robare said...

Where are the other attendees staying? Do they have to buy their own meals too ?

New subject.... do you do create house blueprints ? We are building a house at the ranch and need blue prints done from drawings I've made up. Thanks....robaresmith@yahoo.com

Sotosoroto said...

Just about everyone else on the course was from the Toronto area, so I assume they bought their own meals. Dunno for sure, though.

I'm confident I could draw up plans for a house, but since I haven't done residential before, I'm probably not the best and cheapest option around. Sorry.