Sunday, July 22, 2007

I Picked a Bad Day to Forget the Bug Spray

14-MargaretChunlinBack

Chunlin and I took a dayhike yesterday to Margaret Lake. (Why do I want to call it Lake Margaret?) No rain, but the mosquitos were out in full force. Constant swatting while we ate our lunch. I got about ten bites, including one on my ear. Chunlin only got three or four. Maybe I'm tastier, or maybe she's better at protecting her flesh.

19-ChunlinJackets
The snow must not have melted till a couple weeks ago. The mosquitos were freshly hatched and very hungry.

The view from the high point on the trail:
21-AltaMtnThreeQueens

Name that flower!
17-NameThatFlower

And one more for your viewing pleasure, on the final descent to the lake:
10-ChunlinMargaretLake

I've posted more photos at my flickr site.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sentence for forgetting bug spray -
itch... itch.. itch!

Pedicularis said...

Name that flower: Leatherleaf saxifrage (Leptarrhena pyrolifolia)