Monday, December 10, 2007

Amazing Race in Dubrovnik

Apparently (for I did not see the episode), the Amazing Race went to Dubrovnik last night. I've been there! It's too bad I missed it, because it's always fun to see places you know.

One of their tasks was to take a zipline from Fort Lawrence (Lovrgenac) over to the main city walls. Here's my photo of Fort Lovrgenac from the city:
18d-FortLovrgenac

The contestants also had to navigate on foot through the old town. Here's a photo of a typical street:
Dubrovnik alley

Or perhaps you need an aerial shot to figure your way?
Dubrovnik
I'm sure that helps...

The pit stop was up on the hill above town:
Gundulićeva Poljana
Apparently it was at a large cross, but I don't have any photos of that.

They should have made the contestants walk up the hill instead of take a taxi, don't you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Mamurd doesn't have it recorded, we do.
Mom

Anonymous said...

I do! Wanna borrow it?