Thursday, December 13, 2007

Yay! More Spokane!

I had another business trip to Spokane today. My tenth this year! What fun, what fun.

Before we left Seattle, we were warned that our plane might have to U-turn back to Sea-Tac because of "freezing fog" at the Spokane airport. Nevertheless, we landed just fine.

As we approached Spokane, the pilot leveled off just above the cloud layer, pulling up fairly hard -- it almost felt like he was trying to land atop the clouds. We then flew just above the cloudtops for several miles before he finally nosed the plane down and we descended through the thick mess.

At ground level, there was quarter-mile visibility and slushy ice on the runway.

Spokane had a high temperature below freezing today. I'm glad I didn't have to spend much time outside!

These were flights 33 and 34 of the year for me, altogether. I didn't quite keep up the pace from earlier in the year, not even for work-related flights. I had fourteen work flights in the first six months, but only ten in the second half of the year. Aw, shucks.

No comments: