Friday, June 06, 2008

Home Before Midnight

A week ago, I was in Minnesota for a day.

Here are a few photos from the four hours I was at the Minneapolis airport Friday evening.

1-Minneapolis Airport Clouds

"Four hours?" you say. "Why were you at the airport so early?"

Well, we arrived an hour before our scheduled flight, but then it was delayed. We actually had a hard time convincing the United employees to give us boarding passes at the terminal. They mentioned transfering us to a flight through Los Angeles.

2-Minneapolis Airport

I managed to convince the United employee that we'd be able to make a five-minute connection in Denver because the gates were right beside each other and the other plane would probably be delayed too. He gave us the boarding passes.

But we still had an hour before boarding, so I wandered the shops a bit before heading to the gate. The plan was to meet up with my coworkers and get dinner. Instead, they wave me over to the podium and tell me that United is revoking our tickets.

3-Minneapolis Airport Sunset

The United employee doesn't say much of anything till she hands us the new boarding passes. They're for a Northwest flight, non-stop back to Seattle, arriving only a half-hour after our originally scheduled flight.

We hiked over to the new gate, got our new boarding passes from Northwest (with only minor difficulty -- for good service, go to a gate without people swarming around it), ate dinner, and then I went shopping again.

Back home before midnight!

No comments: