Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Subdivision, part 8

Three weeks ago, I received a comment on the subdivision application from the zoning department.

Of the eight reviewing departments, five have completed their review. Zoning had the only comment so far.

The only thing I have to report today is that the other three had target dates for their review of May 20 (Addressing) and June 17 (City Light and Land Use). Now that all the target dates are in the past, they are officially going slower than even they said they would.

Why am I not surprised?

If I had a cushy job at the city, with almost no way to be fired, what incentive would I have to work hard and get things done on time?

1 comment:

Pedicularis said...

Oh, oh. You started this process with optimistic cheer, and now the cynicism is starting to creep. Ah, yes, reality is setting in. I can see the gray hairs coming next!