Sunday, May 06, 2007

Annette Lake

Ah, good ol' Annette Lake. Fourth time there for me. First time was when I was six years old, so it can't be all too difficult of a hike, right?

All I really remember from that hike way back when was that I was in a real "I don't wanna!" mood when we returned home. Tired and pouting. I wouldn't even pose for photographs.

Yesterday, the trail was covered in snow everywhere above 2900' elevation -- which is less than halfway up to the lake. Needless to say, it slowed us down quite a bit. What should have taken us a bit over an hour took two full hours. Add in a late start, and we didn't get home till after six o'clock.

Actually, I tried to go over to Mt Margaret, but we didn't even make it up to the trailhead because there was too much snow on the road. That and a snowmobile-hauling pickup with trailer blocking the road where the snow began.

1-HumpbackCreekClose

4-SnowTrailChunlin

7-AnnetteLkAbielPk

12-AnnetteLkMark

14-HumpbackMtnTrees

16-HumpbackCrChunlinClose

More photos at flickr, as usual.

No comments: