Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Another Day in Victoria

Slowly but slowly, I'm posting photos from our trip to Victoria three weeks ago.

On our second day there, we drove west of town. Our first stop was Fort Rodd Hill and Fisgard Lighthouse.
2-Chunlin Fort Rodd Wall
The view from the fortifications:
5-Royal Roads Fort Rodd
Two roads diverged in a field, and we took the one that was exactly the same as the other.
13-Fort Rodd Paths Chunlin
The lighthouse tower was locked. This is a view up through the grating:
19-Fisgard Lighthouse Stairs
Actually, we were there on the day of the yearly maintenance. I considered asking the workers if I could go up for a photo or two, but then I decided I shouldn't impose.
25-Fisgard Lighthouse
The big rocks of Fisgard Island:
24-Fisgard Island Chunlin
Look out! It's the Canadian Navy!
33-Canadian Patrol Ship Royal Roads
I've posted more photos at flickr. And I don't think I'm halfway through with the trip yet. . .

No comments: