Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Happy . . . um. . .

I was going to wish everyone a happy Waitangi Day, but then I realized that in New Zealand, it's already Thursday. 99% or more of those who even know what the holiday is, celebrated the holiday a day ago.

So if it's February 7 in New Zealand, I guess it means that it's February 7 in China, too.

Which means. . .

Happy New Year!!!

'Tis the year of the Earth Rat! For anyone who's turning 60 years old in the next twelve months, this year is especially fortuitous. The Chinese calendar is on a 60-year cycle, which means they were born in the year of the Earth Rat, and this is the first Earth Rat year since then.

2 comments:

Pedicularis said...

Okay, I'm a "rat". Tell me again why this is a good thing?

Sotosoroto said...

Can't help you there. I'm a fire dragon!