Monday, July 14, 2008

Our Anniversary, Two Weeks Ago

"Look out! Marmots!"
122-Christina Point

"Grrrrrr!"
120-Waca Camp Marmot

And a good morning to you.

I've finally posted photos from June 30 onto flickr. When I spend all day walking around with a camera in hand, it makes for rather a lot of photos to sort through!

We spent the day (Chunlin's and my first wedding anniversary) tromping around the Desolation Valley, along the shore of Lake Aloha, across snowfields, to a waterfall that we had spotted in the distance (I dubbed it Isabel Falls, after Chunlin's chosen name for herself at work), and back to camp.

125-Chunlin Christina Pyramid Pk
134-Lk Aloha Peninsula Christina
151-Lk Aloha Pine Cove Jacks Pk
162-Chunlin Snowfield Lake Aloha
165-Chunlin Christina Snowfield
172-Waterfall Cove Jacks Peak
178-Mark Isabel Falls Ch
185-Chunlin Christina Snowfield Flowers

We didn't go swimming in Lake Aloha because it was too windy. Waca Lake was more sheltered, so I jumped in there. Neither Chunlin and Christina went in the water, though. Chunlin took photos of me, instead.
198-Mark Splash Waca Lake Ch

And that's about all we did that day.

Without clouds in the sky, the sunset wasn't much of anything. What a shame.
213-Christina Chunlin Evening

Seventy-four more photos from that day on flickr! I told you I had to work hard to trim the stack to a reasonable number. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wonderful pix! my compliments.And I like ur blog too.I read it with interest,regularly.
Keep posting!!!
Maurizio
mauricgn@tin.it