Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Photos from the Road

On our Highway 12 trip, we took a few extra photos and photos and photos. . .

7-Morton Parade Balloon Truck
There was a parade in Morton. Morton Loggers Jubilee. Everyone seemed to be having a good time, but we couldn't stick around for long.

6-Morton Elk
Chainsaw carvers were selling their wares at the jubilee. A bit too expensive to tempt me. Off by a factor of ten or so.

Up at White Pass, we went for a hike south on the Pacific Crest Trail.

25-Flowers Hogback Ridge
Flowers were blooming.

27-Tieton Valley
Mt Rainier was in clouds, but other views caught our gaze.

18-Chunlin Watermelon
Would you like some watermelon?

31-Naches Tieton Cliff Trees Ch
While I drove, Chunlin took some photos of the cliffs upriver of Naches.

40-Benton City Camp
We camped near the Yakima River at an RV park.

44-Pasco Snake River Bridge Ch
The US 12 bridge across the Snake River, leaving the Tri-Cities behind. Chunlin likes taking this kind of photo, and I like that.

54-Clarkston Bridge Sign Ch
Just before you leave Washington, Highway 12 loses its US shield. Just a little goodbye reminder, I guess.

59-Lewiston Hill Clouds
Up the hill from Lewiston, a viewpoint. The old highway can be glimpsed in the lower left. Much curvier than the new route. If I had known about it, I would have driven it. Next time.

62-Rebel Flat Hill Clouds
After lunch in Colfax, Chunlin drove. I took photos.

63-North Wilcox

69-Hatton Coulee Dust Devil

70-Royal City Flag

75-Vantage Fountain
After we crossed the Columbia River, I stopped taking photos. I took over the wheel at the rest area near Cle Elum, and then we returned home.

It's nice to go on a trip, but it's also nice to be home.

Except for the to-do list, that is.

No comments: