Friday, July 31, 2009

Typo

My company today distributed tshirts for our company picnic in two weeks. (A bit unnecessary, if you ask me, but that's not the story.) I held up my tshirt, which is designed to look like an old-fashioned baseball/softball shirt with our company as the team name.

Reading the fine print (1/4" tall) under the swoosh, I read "Architecture, Emgineering, Interior Design."

Yes, "Emgineering."

I immediately mentioned it. All the architecture staff joked about how long it would take for the emgineers to notice the typo. No one seriously considered that our company would bother to reprint the shirts. One of my coworkers told a story about how his sailing team had had shirts printed with their boat's name, but instead of "Enlightment," as they named the boat (since it was so lightweight), the printers "corrected" them and made the shirts say "Enlightenment." Instead of redoing the shirts, they added a caret and "en" to the back of the boat. I therefore suggested we should repaint the sign in front of our building.

A couple hours later, around come two coworkers collecting the tshirts. The bosses had decided to reprint tme, after all! I didn't want to give up my typo shirt (It would be so valuable, like a double-printed coin!), but I did.

So sad.

2 comments:

Iris said...

Printer's error. The company won't need to pay twice.

Sotosoroto said...

It was a part of a graphic that our company gave to the printer, not something that the printer would have typed themselves. So yeah, I'm pretty sure my company will have to pay twice.