Monday, March 12, 2007

Happy National *yawn* Jet-Lag Day!

Daylight Savings Time is one of the stupidest ideas that our great nation has come up with. Seriously. I would be fine if we just kept Daylight Savings Time the whole year through, but the concept of switching back and forth is just ridiculous.

Oh wait. It wasn't a US idea. It was European idea. Curse you, Europe!

The nominal cause is to save energy, and thus money, but how much money does the country really save when we lose a morning of productivity due to sleepiness?

Why can't the politicians just leave us alone?

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

The government should atleast provide us all with free coffee!

mamurd said...

What's even more annoying is that they started earlier this year -- and none of my electronic devices (VCRs, computer, iPod, etc.) knew about the change!

Pedicularis said...

I heard that the one-time cost to reprogram all the computers (like MS Outlook calendars) is around $1 billion. I could run the numbers but I doubt that the energy savings comes close to that cost.

On the other hand, my new weatherstation handled the new DST just fine. :)