Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Wedding Ring

I'm wearing my wedding band today. It's shiny, but not too shiny. Yellow gold with a hammered finish. Fairly simple, but not plain. A wonderful symbol announcing to the world my undying love for Chunlin.

But occasionally, I catch of glimpse of my hand and I think, "Is that my hand or someone else's?"

I'm as good as married already, except that the government doesn't know yet, so I think I'll just leave it on till the morning of the ceremony. Harder to lose, that way, too!

4 comments:

Pedicularis said...

Continuing your tradition of "Doing it my way!" What guy volunteers to wear his wedding band during his last few days of freedom? Almost none.

Anonymous said...

Isn't the ring a gift from Chunlin symbolizing her love for you?

Call me a traditionalist, but I think it is spooky that you are wearing it.
lm

Sotosoroto said...

Chunlin told me to wear it!

Diane L said...

Sooo romantic . . . :-) And freedom may be found best through commitment (voice of experience talking here . .)

Love that ring, BTW! But the two of you have excellent taste so there you go.