Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Four Years Ago

Today is the four-year anniversary of when Chunlin and I met.

'Twas a Friday evening at the Mountaineers' Mount Baker Lodge. We only spoke briefly, but she certainly caught my eye.

The next day I was talked into leading a hike, but the hike I chose seemed too difficult to Chunlin and the other women. (Chunlin and I took that hike, Ptarmigan Ridge, a year ago, so she certainly could have done it earlier.) So I spent most of that Saturday with four other men.

Saturday afternoon and evening, though, Chunlin and I had plenty of time to get to know each other.

By Sunday morning, we were setting off on a hike, just the two of us, and Chunlin told her carpool's driver that she had arranged other transportation home.

78-ChunlinPaintbrush

Mt Shuksan Chunlin

97-MarkBaker

So now it's just about time to head north to Mt Baker once again...

Happy anniversary, Honey!

No comments: