Friday, November 26, 2010

40,000 Words, Finally!

I don't have much time to get to 50,000 words before the end of Nanowrimo, but I still plan to finish. I just need to remember to stop editing as I go!

Here are the words that got me to the 40k mark:

Íngna puffed out his cheeks to say something disrespectful, but then he noticed little clouds of dust around the knight’s body. The dust had kicked up when Íngna set him down and was only now just settling back to the earth. Had it really been so soon? Had he truly dug a grave in but a few seconds? Apparently, so.

“I am sorry, my father,” said Íngna with humility. “I see now what has happened. Somehow when the dying knight touched my forehead, the lightning gave me amazing power. With his last command of his body, the knight gave his strength to me.”

No comments: