Tuesday, November 30, 2010

50,000 Words!

My novel is "complete"! I've reached the 50,000-word goal for Nanowrimo! Hurrah!

In the wide and dusty valley, a herder minded his cattle. His dog ran to and fro, keeping the herd together. The herder walked slowly behind the herd, twirling a stick in his hand.

“You should honor Tíngnopok,” had said his wife, “for He watches over your cattle. He watches over you.”

The herder had not listened to his wife, however, and never bothered to go to Tíngnopok’s temple or even say a prayer of thanks to the Black God.

After thirteen months of such behavior, Tíngnopok became agitated.

And thus 50k words have been written. My work here is done...

3 comments:

Iris said...

What do you win?

mamurd said...

Congrats!

Sotosoroto said...

My prize is 50,000 words of creative writing that I was going to get to, eventually...