Saturday, April 13, 2013

March 19 - Back in Waikoloa

We traveled by Disney boat from the lobby to our tower. Hilton actually enlisted Disney's help for the design, according to our pilot.

Under the Giant Trellis

In our room we kicked back and started watching _Flight_. More clouds were outside than the afternoon the day before.

Two-thirds of the way through the movie, we hit pause and headed outside to watch the sunset.

Tropical Afternoon

Path to the Chapel

Seahorse Sunset

I selected the opposite side of the bay from the previous evening. We sat on a grassy berm, waiting for the day to end.

Sunset Bridge

Chunlin and Mark at Sunset

I let Chunlin use my small camera while I used the large one. The next photo is hers.

Waiulua Bay at Sunset

Meanwhile, I stared upward.

To the Moon

Eventually, the sun found the horizon.

Our Last Hawai‘i Sunset

The sudden darkness was always surprising to me, even though I knew it was coming. It made me miss the twilight of northern latitudes.

Streetlamp at Dusk

Monkey!

We then went back to our hotel room and finished the alcoholism movie.

No comments: