Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Some Photos from My Past

My dad sent me some hiking photos of me, through the years.

So I'll post them for all to see.

Most of them, at least.




The first two are from my second backpacking trip, when I was almost six years old. The trail to Annette Lake has been much improved since then.


A few years later, another backpacking trip. This time to Big Heart Lake. This photo is at Copper Lake, though, on the way to Big Heart.


Don't ask.


I don't remember my backpack being that big. . .


I'm fifteen in this picture. I'm an old hand at backpacking by now. This is the Seven Lakes Basin in the Olympics.


Skip a few years and I'm suddenly quite a bit older. This is atop Mt St Helens. I should climb it again to get a look at the new lava dome.


This is just old Mt Si, but I still found a little cliff to perch upon. I like perching on high places.

2 comments:

Pedicularis said...

The photo labeled "I don't remember my backpack being that big" was taken at Cispus Pass campsite on your second 50-mile hike. You were 14 and that was an adult full-size pack.

Anonymous said...

What a hike down memory lane. :) Those are some of my favorite pictures from your adventures... except for the last one! What are you doing? Trying to make my hair turn gray?

-Mom