Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Fun Snow!

It's good compacting snow for snowballs and snowmen. So, if you don't have anything urgent this morning (and you live in the Seattle area), get outside and play!

I made a snowman, but only a short one. Barely 3' tall. I didn't have gloves. Always wear good gloves when handling frozen objects.

Back when I was a teenager, I rolled a 4'-diameter snowball at my parents house. I left it in the middle of the driveway. A couple days later, it was the only snow around. It was still 3' in diameter. It had either slid or been pushed to the bottom of the hill. Probably pushed.

If I remember correctly, I wore gloves when I made that giant snowball, but not long pants.

1 comment:

mamurd said...

Maybe I'm remembering a different 4' snowball, but I thought we rolled it down to the bottom of the hill. We put two smaller snow balls on top and made a very disproportionate snowman.

I have a picture of you with it. You're wearing a t-shirt, a sweatshirt, a hat, gloves.... and shorts.

[btw, look at me! I'm commenting on your beta blog! Safari suddenly freaked out so I downloaded Firefox.]