Sunday, October 21, 2007

Chunlin's Poncho

2-Chunlin Dingford

Chunlin is good at thinking outside the box.

She knows that I prefer the temperature of the middle pool, but don't like the cold rain, and so she suggests I get her poncho to wear.

It felt a bit odd, sitting in the pool with nothing on but a blue transparent plastic poncho, but it did the trick. Warm and protected.

I soon discovered that it was even warmer if I collected the hot water in the front of the poncho and held it to my chest like a hot-water bottle.

This morning when were exiting the springs for the last time, Chunlin asked for me to get her poncho. Not really having any idea why, I did.

She then came over to the shelter where I was dressing and poured hot water out of the poncho onto the wood-slat floor at her feet. She cleaned both her feet and the area of floor in one fell swoop.

She had enough water for me to do the same.

And to think I was just going to wipe the dirt off my feet with a sock!

I married one smart cookie.

No comments: