Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Tent Leaks

I need to seam-seal my tent.

It still works, mind you, at keeping us mostly dry, but that little drip, drip, drip right beside my head is quite annoying. It gets the Thermarest wet, too.

Down by our feet this morning, we had a couple tiny puddles. No problem, really.

I set up the tent on a beautifully made gravel square in the group campsite, so at least we didn't have any rain-related rivers entering our tent from below.

The outside of the rainfly was far wetter than the inside. It got drenched. Just like my raincoat. . .

After we got home, I hung the tent and rainfly out to dry on our porch railing (under cover, thankfully). But I didn't have time to flip them before dark, so now they're over chairs in the dining room. At least I got the wetter side dry first!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't REI guarantee their products?

Sotosoroto said...

The tent came with a tube of seam sealer. Even if REI does guarantee the tent, I should practice proper maintenance...