Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Little Hiking Music

On our hike back this afternoon, we listened to Chulin's ipod.
19-Chunlin Speakers

It played Morcheeba's "Aqualung" twice in a row, so I looked at it. It wasn't on repeat one. I picked another song. "'Round Midnight" from the cd Jazz for a Rainy Afternoon (a good pick for a rainy afternoon, I thought).

I didn't realize immediately, though, that it was alphabetical. That little apostrophe bumped "'Round Midnight" to the top of the list.

We had four Elvis songs in a row. I thought that was odd. It turns out that they all started with parentheses.

It wasn't until we got to the number songs ("24," "25 or 6 to 4," "59th Street Bridge Song," "1812 Overture," etc.) that I figured out the alphabetical thing.

When we got to Toto's "Africa," we were listening to songs we heard Saturday night in the tent.

We arrived at the trailhead just as the Moody Blues' "Afternoon" ended.

The ipod played "59th Street Bridge Song" twice, just like "Aqualung," so I'm guessing I put two copies of each on the ipod. I didn't think you could do that. . .

1 comment:

mamurd said...

You can if they're from two different albums, or if you accidentally spelled the artist's name differently on each.