Thursday, June 15, 2006

When Animals Attack!

I had a blackbird attack me just a minute ago.

I was walking back from the mall with my lunch, when suddenly I felt someone's fingernails clawing together atop my head. I spun to see who it was (assuming a coworker), but nobody was there. Just a blackbird swooping away.

The blackbirds outside the mall have divebombed me before, but this is the first time one of them has made contact. What is it about my head they like? Hm... I cut my hair last night. Birds like shiny objects, don't they?

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

LOL

Apparently he wanted to take you with him!

Diane L said...

Don't think I'll touch that opening . . . :) LOL

Pedicularis said...

Any scratch marks? I have often seen blackbirds attacking crows in a similar manner when the crows were too near their nest. Were you near a tree?

Sotosoroto said...

No scratch marks. No trees. At least, no tall trees. Maybe a few ten-foot trees. The blackbirds hang out on the power lines, usually, but this was fifty yards from those, too.

Alyssa said...

I'm not sure what your hair looks like, but maybe they thought it was good nesting material ?

Sotosoroto said...

My hairs is less than a half-inch long right now. . . I'm not sure how useful it would be in a nest.