Monday, February 19, 2007

That Took Too Long

I just spent five or six hours (eight?) getting a wireless network hooked up and running.

Only one DSL modem may be plugged into any telephone jack at one time. Plug them both in and the second one won't work.

An hour of that time was trying to get a password from Qwest. It turned out to be in the DSL modem, if you look in the right tab and menu, etc. But then she got off on a tangent about getting MSN whatever to work. "Click on the butterfly on your start page." By start page she meant desktop. Arrghh! That took twenty minutes in itself to figure out.

But I got it all to work. Internet on two computers, a secure wireless network (just try to guess the password, mwa-ha-ha!), and now I get to return the $50 Mac-compatible wireless adapter that I never opened the box for (and which I bought this afternoon).

I guess the upshot of all this is that you don't get any new photos tonight. Try again in twenty hours.

I should go to bed now.

1 comment:

Pedicularis said...

Are you awake? I waited the requisite 20 hours and no pictures.

I think you have proven once again that women prefer to leave the really tough jobs to their man. Tough jobs like driving on bad roads in foreign countries, pulling the skunk out from under the house, and setting up computer networks. The harder the task; the more grateful the woman is to have her man do it! :)