Sunday, May 07, 2006

I missed the excitement.

So I get back from dinner at my friends' house and what do I see parked in front of my building? A fire truck! And who's that on the sidewalk across the street? All my neighbors! I pull up, roll down my window, and my next-door neighbor calls, "Your apartment's on fire." I knew he was joking, but I replied drolly, "Oh great." They all chuckled, so no worries. Then the fireman waved me into the garage. By the time I parked, my neighbors were all back inside. Apparently somebody's cooking had set off the alarm. I've lived here three years and not once have I heard the fire alarm. It finally happened and I missed the excitement. Darn.

5 comments:

Pedicularis said...

Life is tough for you, isn't it? ;)

Alyssa said...

Just set your kitchen on fire and you can recreate the scene all over again! :)

Sotosoroto said...

What a great idea!!

Anonymous said...

When did this happen on Sunday? I came home around 6:30 and everything was normal. I didn't hear anything after that.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and btw: There were two women at my bus stop this morning who were chatting about a fire alarm. I'm guessing they were from your building!