Friday, April 29, 2005

Bumper stickers and license plates

A few days ago (back before my vacation), I was driving along in my car and I spotted a ktru bumper sticker. My brain filed it as a kexp bumper sticker for a half-second before realizing that the two radio stations, while similar, are in two very different cities. And then I noticed that the car had Texas plates. It was all so familiar, and yet completely out of place. Everything makes sense for a while, but then you realize that you're not in Houston, you're in Seattle, and the person in that car has driven quite a ways just to throw you for a loop.

But not as far as this person did:

NY invades Dubrovnik

What are they thinking, driving all the way to Croatia, just to make me do a double-take? An F-150 is almost too big for Europe, anyway. Silly people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading about your journey. Glad you got back home safe and sound!