Sunday, April 24, 2005

Day 24 - Amsterdam

And from that post title, those of you who've been following from the beginning will realize that I'm finally on my way home. I paid for this internet connection half with euros and half with dollars. Ooh! American money!

I got up at 3:00, left the hotel at 3:45. The first bus from Venice to the airport leaves at 4:40, arrives a bit after 5. I had a 6:15 flight and didn't want to cut it that close, so I took a cab. 35 euros, 150 kph. The check-in desks were all closed. The security gates were all closed. But I was the first one through both, darn it. Better safe than sorry. Venice has a rather small airport. Like Spokane. I could still see the front door from my gate, 100 yards away.

Slept for about a half hour on the flight. They served sandwiches for breakfast. Is that a Dutch thing? (-; It was still yesterday in Seattle at that time.

I've only taken a few photos since my last post and there's no USB port on this computer anyway.

Amsterdam has a huge airport. Venice to Amsterdam was a domestic flight. Passport-check wait in line to get to the international terminals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to see it end, but WELCOME HOME, SOTOSOROTO (hope I got all the o's in there this time). Quite an Adventure! ~ Mariner7

Pedicularis said...

Yes, are you going somewhere next year? Better yet, can you make your daily life seem as exciting as this trip, with lovely photos, too? Thought not. :( Well, it sounds like that 150 kph (90 mph?) cab ride was pretty exciting! We'll miss your reports. Thank you!