Saturday, April 02, 2005

Day 3 - İstanbul

The call to prayers sounded at 5:40 this morning, while it was still quite dark out. Isn't it supposed to be at dawn? Might be something to do with Daylight Savings Time. And then another call, from a different mosque, rang out at 6:10.

Yesterday, when I got off the train at Sultanhamet, the air was thick with the fragrant smoke of barbecue. Well, kebabs, I suppose. I had beef kebabs at a restaurant near here (near the south end of the Hippodrome) and they were quite tasty.

It's Sunday morning. It's very quiet around here. I think most of the hostel stayed up late last night. I fell asleep around 8:30, but stayed ın bed until six.

This computer has a USB port, but it doesn't have the right software to talk to the HP camera...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the lack of pictures. :( But it sounds like you're making your way ok. I figured you would. :)

The old king called this morning to tell me you had posted already -- I was quite surprised! You must have found the internet cafe places quite easily.

Have fun. :) :) :)

-Reni

Anonymous said...

How many times a day are there calls to prayer?

Sotosoroto said...

5 tımes a day, IIRC.

Thıs hostel has a couple computers ın the lobby...