Saturday, April 09, 2005

Day 9 - Athina/Athens

Caught the 10:20 ferry from Patmos to Naxos to Syros to Piraeus. Arrived at 21:30 in Piraeus, which is the port for Athens. I was at the far end of the harbor from where I thought I was, but with the help of some locals, I found the Metro station. A short subway ride and I was in sight of the Acropolis. Found a hostel. Sharing a room for the first time this trip. An Aussie and a guy from Vancouver BC.

I was wrong when I said that Greece was still closed for the winter. Athens is teeming with tourists already. It's just the islands that are closed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Completely OT, but can I borrow a couple of books if you have them? (Wow, that sentence probably made a lot more sense in my head.) So anyway, can I?

Ummm....Have fun in Athens?

-Reni