Sunday, April 10, 2005

Day 11 - Athina/Athens

I just mailed all my souvenirs (so far). I hope they make it. I took pictures of them, just in case they get lost or smashed to pieces. The breakable stuff had bubble wrap, and I had plenty of plastic bags as cushion, but you never know.

It seems like all the tourists here stay out deep into the night every night. But since I don't do that sort of thing when I'm at home, why would I necessarily start doing it now? So I went to bed around ten, got woken up by noisy streetgoers and roommates (the Aussie guy left and we got a couple from San Francisco/Japan), but then got out of bed around seven. Athens is going to work, but the tourists are still sleeping. Every day's a weekend when you're a tourist!

With how much the Pope has been in the news here, you'd think the Greeks were Catholic. Prince Charles's wedding barely got a mention, so I guess they're not British! For the record, I think the next pope will be from Latin America.

3 comments:

Pedicularis said...

I'm getting the impression that Athens is too crowded and too rowdy for you. Hmm... Maybe it is time to move on??

Anonymous said...

Are we to infer your souvenirs weren't bought at the Athens' Sunday flea market?

Anonymous said...

:-) I LOVED Athens! But then, I was only 14 at the time. Take photos!! (I'm sure you are..)

Chandira