Thursday, April 19, 2007

Feb 11 evening

We had to drop off our car well outside the airport in a light industrial area. ... Air Pacific's flight is delayed three hours. LA-bound passengers were rerouted to a Qantas direct flight. We'll arrive at 10:30 or so -- five hours ahead of schedule, which is good because we're in row 64. Window seats together, though. $25 departure fee paid on top of the tickets (unlike most countries inclusive) really gives you that warm feeling that you're welcome. Such hospitality. But every country does it, one way or another. Silly. Through customs (to leave the country?!) and security and another maze of duty-free shops -- wait for your gate number! -- and a second security, with tougher restrictions (liquids in a separate bag -- but only under 3 oz -- magnetic wand everybody, check my belt & moneybelt (open it up!)) and finally to our gate.

17i-Auckland747
I'm hot, tired, smelly, and my feet are sore. And hungry now, too. Can't wait for a twelve-hour flight. Yippee.

17j-ManukauHarbour
17k-AucklandRunway
17l-AucklandAirport
Takeoff and fly away from the sun.

17m-NorthIslandCloudsClose
17n-NorthIslandCloudsVert
17o-NorthIslandClouds
17p-NorthIslandSunset
17q-Coromandel
17r-PacificSunset
It's after midnight in LA. I already feel on PST. We're not to the date line yet. ... Switched over to Babel on Chunlin's suggestion, but lost interest out of tiredness. Should I go to sleep and miss the meal? I've eaten enough, but I hate to miss food I paid for.

No comments: