Friday, April 06, 2007

Greetings from St. George

The desert is kinda dusty.

It's also kinda warm.

Nifty red rock formations west of Vegas, though. Played around out there for a few hours. The candy-stripe sandstones are my favourite.

And the roller ooaster at the Sahara is a blast. Shot out of a gun, sharp turn, dip underground, back up and over loop-de-loop, zig, zag, and up. . . hang there. . . and fall backwards, zag, zig, loop-de-loop backwards over and up, disappear underground, sharp turn, brace for impact, soft return to the platform. Christina and I went, but not Chunlin.

The Virgin River Canyon along I-15 in Arizona is almost like driving up the Grand Canyon. Except I haven't seen the Grand Canyon yet, so you can't trust my opinion.

1 comment:

Pedicularis said...

St. George would be a nice, quiet town to retire to. Maybe Cedar City would be, too.