Saturday, April 21, 2007

Feb 11 morning

I slept some, but not very well. My eyes are no longer sandpaper, so I guess I'm awake. ... Still way out in the ocean. I haven't left my seat yet. Better do those exercises! Oh wait. It's time for more paperwork, this time courtesy of the US government.

18a-PacificWing
18b-PacificHalo
18c-SantaCatalina
18d-SanPedroBoat
18e-LosAngelesShadow
18f-LosAngelesStreets
18g-LosAngelesWing
18h-LosAngelesWingStreets
18i-LosAngelesFreeway
It's a good thing we have an extra couple hours, because we're eating them up at the baggage carousel. We're the lucky folks who get to watch other people's luggage go round and round while they wait in the visitors' line. Except that line is empty now. So why do we have 100 people and 100 bags that don't match up? Someone stole them! ... Unhelpful staff to not guide you through the unusual lines to stand in. They expect you to know to take your bag back after you check it in at the counter. I guess that conveyor belt behind them is just decoration. Everybody takes their checked luggage to an unmarked line down a side walkway to be handed over to an xray inspection team. And then they cart it past everyone to the bowels of the airport.

It took us just over two hours to get to our gate. If we were on the Air Pacific flight, we'd've just walked onto our plane. As it is, we have a three-hour wait. Blech. ... We keep changing seats in the waiting area. Chunlin wants a window view. I'm too tired to care.

18j-LAXNachos
Dad called Chunlin's phone while we were waiting for our nachos. I didn't really have much to say. May be the USA, but I'm not home yet.

No comments: