Sunday, December 18, 2005

Farscape is addictive

Jiffy Lube told me that my upper brake light was out. I told them they replaced it four months ago, so why is it dead already? They said they could replace it again, but it's probably an electrical problem. Since they've sold me bum wiperblades in the past, I decided I didn't want to buy any more lightbulbs from them.

So this morning, I went down to my car, intent on getting the bulb out and then going to buy my own replacement. After much fun lying on my back in my trunk with my legs flailing, Swiss Army knife gripped in my hand, and did I mention it's freezing out, I finally got the plastic doohickey unhooked from the car frame. I crawled into the back seat and twisted the electrical part free of the plastic shell. The bulb just about fell out when I touched it.

The filament was good. Which meant it had to be an electrical problem. Which meant it was all Jiffy Lube's fault, because they're the last ones to touch it. So I tried to put the bulb back in, but it didn't go in very well. I looked closer, my upper body jammed in underneath the back window. One of the metal clips that hold the bulb in place was bent crooked, blocking where the bulb slides in. With my trusty Swiss Army knife which has only once caused me difficulty at the airport, I bent the metal back to its proper location. I popped in the bulb with a satisfying click, hopped into the driver's seat, hit the brakes, and. . . Let there be light! It worked.

So I put it all back together, which was surprisingly easier than taking it apart, and then drove here to the office because I was already in my car and planning on swinging by on my way back from the auto parts store.

Yesterday, I reshelved all my bookcases and then wrapped presents. I watched about fifteen hours of Farscape. Or maybe only ten. I jumped around on the tapes that ReniMamurd gave me. Part of season 2, part of season 2, part of season 3. I think I like season 3 the best. I also watched Revenge of the Sith and half of Red vs Blue season 3. But then right back to Farscape. Farscape is addictive.

And then before I went to bed, I stepped out onto my balcony and stared into the firmament. Exceedingly clear night. Tarénara, Rívorí, and all the stars beckoned. . .

Here's what my bedroom looked like before I started bringing furniture back into it (The bed and lamps stayed there the whole time):
BlueRoom
I'm standing in my closet doorway. Green surrounds me.

I still have one present remaining to wrap, but it hasn't arrived yet. I ordered it last Tuesday with three-day delivery. I called them Friday after it didn't arrive. I was told that on the last webpage of their ordering process (after the payment has been processed), there's a disclaimer stating they usually take three days before the product gets shipped. But he said they're running a day behind, so I wouldn't get it until next Thursday. I cried foul and said they should inform customers about that extra delay before they pay more for speedy delivery. He relented and said he'd put it on next-day delivery, which means Tuesday.

But here's a picture of all my presents (minus one) around my tree:
TreeGifts

I think I need a bigger tree. . .

3 comments:

Pedicularis said...

That is an old lamp sitting in the corner of your bedroom. 1970's??

Congrats on getting your brakelight fixed.

How many hours of Farscape and other shows? Wow!

Step outside a little earlier in the evening, and you should see a brilliant planet in the SW (http://www.nineplanets.org/venus.html)...

Alyssa said...

your gifts are larger than your tree!

See? Thats why I like big Christmas trees :o)

Anonymous said...

Which presents are mine?? I want my presents!!! Gimme gimme gimme!!



Erm. Let's try again:

It all looks lovely. I'm glad you like the Farscape tapes. :)