Friday, December 23, 2005

Happy Christmas Eve Eve!

We had our company Christmas party last night at the Space Needle. We took over the entire 100' level, the Wheedle Restaurant as they originally called it, if my memory serves me. Wheedle on the Needle? He has the blinking red nose, remember? The Sonics mascot before the sasquatch? Don't remember? Oh well.

It was very windy up top on the observation deck. The windward door up there was locked shut because of the high winds. Of course, I discovered this from the outside... We could even feel the building shake from the wind down on the bottom level.

Anyway, good party, good food, good times. The boss in charge of this year's festivities apparently cleaned out his liquor storage closet, because there were plenty of extra presents that got raffled/trivia-contested off, and there was a lot -- a lot -- of booze. Big bottles. Liter and a half of vodka, that kind of thing. Like you get at Costco in Hawaii. Or rather, like this boss gets at Costco in Hawaii...

I got via raffle a Homer Simpson bottle opener that talks when it touches the bottle cap. But it only had one saying, so I used my trivia-earned "free trade" card to get Brew-opoly. It's Monopoly, but with microbrews. And not the Pyramid/Red Hook kind of breweries, but smaller ones like Moose Drool and Fat Tire. Actually, those are the only two I recognized on the board. They must be Northwest breweries. There was plenty of Boston-this and Wisconsin-that on the board, too. Chandira got the Homer bottle opener in that trade. She also had a camera, so maybe she'll post pictures...

1 comment:

Chandira said...

YOu can steal them, they're on g, office admin, staff pics.. Jsut don't post that one of me looking fat. I might delete... ;-)

I love my bottle opener, thank you! Good trade.