Sunday, December 04, 2016

Give Sorrow No Time

[A Star Wars parody of "Wasted Time" by the Eagles]

Well, Luke, there you stand
With your little head down in your hand
Oh my god, you can't believe
It's happening again
Kenobi's gone and you're all alone
And it looks like the end

But you're back out into space
And you must try to remember
How to start it over
You don't know if you can
You may have lost Ben and your family
But I lost Alderaan

You never thought you'd be alone
So soon down the line
But I know that I've made my mind
I'm afraid we must give sorrow no time

Kenobi's death has got you thinking
How Aunt and Uncle burned and fell
You didn't love them too much, no no
You just loved them too well, farewell

So you must live from day to day
And you must dream about tomorrow
When the fighters come swooping over
You must make them pay
So you shoot them with the cannon
And make them go away

We can do so many things, my friend
If we can only stop our minds
From wondering what we left behind
So stop crying and give sorrow no time

Another fight has come and gone
And the Falcon keeps rushing on
So remember what Ben told you
Before he left you on your own
Sometimes to find your destiny
You must set out from home

So you can get on with your quest, my friend
And I can can get on with mine
And maybe when we win this fight
We can finally give our sorrow some time

No comments: